[phobos] Push or pull?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Tue Feb 8 15:40:31 PST 2011

I still barely understand how Git works, but I'm starting to warm up to the workflow.  Using SVN, coordinating library and compiler changes (ie. spanning multiple repositories) generally resulted in a window where the library code was out of date or broken.  With Git I'm finding that I can create a series of pull requests that reference one another, which is a heck of a lot nicer than including multiple patch files to a bugzilla ticket.

I'm still fuzzy on what to do if I want to create multiple pull requests that don't derive from one another though.  A fork for each one?  I'd hoped that I could create a branch for each, but haven't yet figured out how to push the branch upstream so I can generate the pull request from it.