[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2319

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 12 01:22:55 PST 2011

On Wednesday 12 January 2011 01:13:54 dsource.org wrote:
> phobos commit, revision 2319
>

> user: jmdavis
>
> msg:
> New std.datetime added.
>
> Nothing in Phobos has been made to use it yet and nothing has yet been
> marked as deprecated or scheduled for deprecation due to the new
> std.datetime being checked in. That's for a future commit.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/2319
>
> paths changed:
> U   trunk/phobos/phobos.d
> U   trunk/phobos/std/datetime.d
> U   trunk/phobos/std.ddoc

Okay. The new std.datetime is in. I updated the documention stuff so that it
should actually end up in the docs now (assuming that I did it correctly), but I
haven't yet gone and made anything else (such as std.file.lastModified) use it
yet, and I haven't yet marked anything as deprecated or scheduled for
deprecation due to the new std.datetime getting checked in.

I'll try and look at adjusting the other modules in Phobos to use std.datetime
tomorrow evening, at which point I'll likely mark std.date as scheduled for
deprecation in its documentation. Given what happened with Andrei's last round
of deprecating stuff, I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to actually mark
std.date as deprecated yet though. In any case, I'll get the other modules to
use std.datetime instead of std.date relatively soon.

Hopefully, there are no suprises with tests on Windows failing or whatnot.
Brad's had enough of that for a while, I think.