[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 21 18:56:12 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> After having updated there are reams of code that doesn't work. There are a
> few issues that I think we need to be careful of:
>
> * There are absolutely huge wads of code versioned under D_ddoc, that has
> rotten and prevents documentation generation. This means code was committed
> without compiling. Please compile all code with the relevant flags before
> committing.

What needs to be added to the auto-tester to catch this near submit time?
Is it another make target?  If so, what?

Is it platform specific (ie, should only be run on win32)?  If so, which?

Should it be added to the unittest target (probably not, just asking)?

Is there anything _other_ than doc generation that's broken right now?  If
so, what?

<snip not-broken style issues -- not that I disagree, just partitioning
the discussion>.

Thanks,
Brad