[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Fri Jan 21 19:48:09 PST 2011

On 1/21/11 8:56 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> What needs to be added to the auto-tester to catch this near submit time?
> Is it another make target?  If so, what?

It's make -f posix.mak html that fails on all systems.

> Is it platform specific (ie, should only be run on win32)?  If so, which?

On win32 it can't be run as Windows is not quite posix :o).

> Should it be added to the unittest target (probably not, just asking)?

I think it's a good idea!

> Is there anything _other_ than doc generation that's broken right now?  If
> so, what?

Apart from what Shoo found, I don't know of any.

> <snip not-broken style issues -- not that I disagree, just partitioning
> the discussion>.

I'd love to have a minimal stylistic checker upon checkin. For one
thing, I don't find any reason for two empty lines and I don't plan to
rearrange the monitor sideways for more vertical space.