[phobos] std.process on github

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jan 24 06:05:12 PST 2011

On Monday 24 January 2011 05:50:32 Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> Aside from the fact that I've never used or understood git, anything is
> probably better than using subversion 1.4 which has zero merging support
> :)

Well, it's going to be a bit of a learning curve for most of us I think. I've
used git a fair bit, but only on my person stuff. I've never collaborated with it
(aside from using git-svn to communicate with an svn repository), and I've never
used github. But from the comments thus far, I get the impression that most
people around here don't even have that much experience with it. So, we've all
got a bit of learning to do. It should be a big improvement though, once we've
got the kinks sorted out.

> I just created a github account, and the username is ..... schveiguy (I
> know, very surprising).  Please add me as a contributor to phobos and
> druntime.
>
> Man I hate it when web sites require you to use certain characters in
> passwords...

What's worse is when they insist that your proposed password has words in it or
consecutive this or that when it doesn't, and so they refuse your password
(though fortunately, most sites aren't anywhere near that picky). I had to
change my password on a site like that about a month ago, and I think that it
took me about half-an-hour before I gave up and just created totally random
gobblegook for a password and relied on my computer to remember it for me,
because I sure wasn't going to remember it.

Generally, the two things that I find most annoying are when they _don't_ allow
certain special characters (too often they're special characters that nearly all
of my passwords have) or when they require a _maximum_ password length.
Virtually all of my passwords are long, so coming up with decent short ones can
be hard.