[phobos] What's the deal with changelog.dd?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 5 16:25:51 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-05 11:56, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Not sure why you're looking to me for answers, but...
>
> When we first moved to github, there was strong support for splitting the
> change log such that each package had its own. So I seeded that.  Several
> started using it, several didn't.
>
> Yes, pulling the separated segments needs to be automated for the website.
>
> No, adding post 2.053 changes should NOT be added to the 2.053 block (seems
> like a duh kind of statement, but the question was asked).
>
> At first thought, I'd suggest clearing the per-package file at the release
> point and keeping it short and sweet.  But it could just stay separate
> too.  Just depends on the automation, really.

I had figured that the full changelog history for Phobos would stay in Phobos
(and the same for each of the others), but I don't really care. The key thing
is that the changes to each project be put in the changelog for each project
and then merged into the master changelog in d-programming-language.org upon
release. That way, each change in the changelog is tied to a particular
commit, and we don't have to worry about people have commit access to d-
programming-language.org just to make changes to the changelog.

I very much doubt that any of that has been automated at this point, since the
change was very recent, but automating sounds like a good idea. And if
clearing out the changelog each time makes that easier, then that's fine with
me. But regardless, any current changes definitely should go under 2.054.
2.053 has already been released.