[phobos] auto tester feedback requested

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat May 14 13:39:17 PDT 2011

On 5/12/2011 10:52 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> I'm re-working the pages in preparation for freebsd 64 bit builds to be added, hopefully this weekend.
>
>   http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/index-new.ghtml
>
> I'm not sure I like not having more history right on the front page like the old/current version.  All too often lately
> we've had intermittent failures.  Showing only the most recent hides that awfully easily.  What I'm considering
> something like a stack of little boxes that are purely green or red (no text) beside the most recent run's full details.
>  A little like this awful text version to illustrate:
>
>   +----------------+ +--+
>   |  current run   | [p1]
>   |  checkout      | [p2]
>   |  dmd           | [p3]
>   |  druntime      | [p4]
>   |  phobos        | [p5]
>   +----------------+ +--+
>
> I could do away with the individual box per build config model, but I rather like it... or at least I'm used to it.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

I added the above to see how well it worked.  Not bad, but not great either.

I changed the order of the 64 bit related columns to match the order they're currently building in (all three are on the
same box).

I removed the freebsd 32/64 and 64/32 builds as freebsd really really goes out of its way to make those hard to do, and
shows no sign of being interested in them working, so not worth my time.  If anyone ever figures out how to make them
work I'll be glad to add test configurations for them.  I haven't yet started up the auto-tester for the freebsd/64
build.  That's for later today.

Later,
Brad