[phobos] State of std.parallelism unit tests

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat May 28 18:34:21 PDT 2011

I was wondering what the current state of the std.paralellism unit tests is.
Everything is green on the autotester. And when they run properly, they pass
on my system. But I find that they frequently freeze after printing out

totalCPUs = 6

(I have a 6-core Phenom II), and when they don't freeze, a segfault occurs at
least some of the time. I'm running a pure 64-bit build stack (dmd, druntime,
and Phobos are all 64-bit) on Linux. Is this expected at all? Should I do
anything to try and track this down? I'm not actually using std.paralellism at
the moment, so it doesn't really impact me beyond the irritation with the unit
tests, but if there's a bug, then obviously it needs to be dealt with. Is this
well-known, or is it something that I should be reporting? David, what is the
situation with this?