[phobos] State of std.parallelism unit tests

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat May 28 18:49:50 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-28 18:41, David Simcha wrote:
> Thanks for letting me know.  I have no idea why this is happening.  I was
> seeing some weirdness on FreeBSD only, but I gave up trying to solve that
> until the FreeBSD port is more stable or I can reproduce it on some other
> OS.  I've run the unittests for std.parallelism on my (old) Athlon 64 X2
> tens of thousands of times on Linux 64 without any issues, so unfortunately
> this is going to be hard to debug.  Two questions:
>
> 1.  Does it happen on the latest Git version or on the 2.053 release
> version?

It definitely happens on the latest Git version. I don't know if it happens on
2.053. I'll have to check.

> 2.  Could you try to figure out which test is failing?

I'll look into it. Unfortunately, as far as actually coming up with a fix
though, I'll be of minimal help at the moment, since I have yet to even really
look at std.parallelism's API, let alone the code. I should be able to figure
out which test is segfaulting though.