[phobos] Parallel reviews of TempAlloc and std.path?

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Mon May 30 14:09:43 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 17:44 -0300, Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad
> <lars at kyllingen.net> wrote:
> > My proposal for a new std.path is now ready for review [...]

I appreciate your input, but I didn't really mean for the review to
start here and now.  Rather, it was meant as a request to start the
review in the main D newsgroup.  Therefore, I'll only give very brief
answers to your questions, and we can postpone the full discussion until
the review starts.

> Quickly looked at the doc. Why is this true in glob?
>
> ---
> assert (glob("foobar", "foo?bar"));
> ---
>
> The doc says "?	Matches exactly one instances of any character"

Seems like a bug.  I didn't write glob(), that is from the old std.path,
where it was called fnmatch().  I'll look into it.

> While you have the patient open can you fix the existing
> documentation? What is "baseName("dir/file.ext")            -->
> "file.ext"? We should use assert. '-->' is not a D construct.

That is (more or less) how the examples in the current std.path are
written.  Maybe it should be changed, now that it seems we are getting
"compile & run" buttons in the web documentation.

-Lars