[phobos] Broken DMD Download Link

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Aug 16 13:21:01 PDT 2012

On 16 Aug 2012, at 20:40, Chuck Allison wrote:
> Actually, I was still on 2.057. Confusing declarator requirement, I
> must say.

Yes, it's a somewhat unfortunate quirk in the syntax – I've also been
bitten by it in the past in a similar situation – but badly necessary
to allow short specification of (the equivalent of) template functions
e.g. as parameters to higher order functions. We also have the »=>«
notation now, but not every delegate consists of a single expression.

> Is there anyway to indicate an unnamed parameter, so I don't need a
> useless parameter name?

A convention I found useful is to use a single underscore, but
technically that's just an arbitrary valid identifier.

> Are omissions of unused parameters no longer allowed in general, or
> just in some instances?

No, function/delegate literals are the only place where this rules are
in effect.

David