[phobos] next release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Feb 14 21:18:08 PST 2012

On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 21:07:06 Brad Roberts wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 20:54:43 Brad Roberts wrote:
> >> Please do NOT start pulling changes into either druntime or phobos yet.
> >> This last release was massive and there's a very real chance that we'll
> >> need to do a fairly quick turn around release with regression fixes.
> >> Yes,
> >> it could be done on a branch, but ...
> >>
> >> Even if there isn't a flurry of new regressions to fix, I believe it
> >> worth a slide on other priorities to take the import and related
> >> visibility changes through to completion and in relative isolation.
> >> Hopefully something like a 1-2 week release cycle instead of 2 months.
> >>
> >> Objections?
> >
> > I don't know. If we were going to be that quick about putting out another
> > release just to fix the import issues, why didn't we just delay the 2.058
> > release then?
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Not particularly relevant since it is released.  Do you have an objection to
> the proposal that isn't based on altering the past? :)

I mean, if we were willing to put it out as-is rather than delay the release
long enough to deal with it, why not just do the next release like we normally
would and let it get fixed along with everything else rather than delay
everything while we fix it and then go through the whole release process again?
If the import stuff wasn't important enough to delay the release any further, I
don't see why it's important enough for us to rush another release just for
it.