What's the latest GDC stable release version?

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 22:35:02 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 19:04:03 UTC, mw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the latest GDC stable release version?
>
> The GDC link on:
>
> https://dlang.org/download.html
>
> is very out dated.
>
> I think it at least should show the latest version number, and
> link to the announcement.
>
> Thanks.

It's worth seeing the related thread here:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/pfexissgekjdlhhgwabh@forum.dlang.org

Different versions of gcc will essentially get whatever D
language version had been merged in at the time. If you are using
gcc 12 or above then it's fairly up to date.

On my current Fedora system the gcc version is 14.1.1 and if I
run `echo | gdc -xd -fsyntax-only -v -` (as provided by
webfreak), then I get the following in the output:

```
binary    /usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/14/d21
version   v2.108.0
```