RFC on range design for D2

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Tue Sep 9 01:35:07 PDT 2008

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:22:04 -0400, Robert Jacques wrote:
> Essentially a slice of a matrix is another matrix

I see it a little differently. To me, a slice of a matrix is a set of data
that can be used to construct a new matrix, among other uses of course.
Because a matrix can be sliced and diced in very many ways, some of which
are clearly not matrices, the best we can generalize about a matrix slice
is just that it is a set of data values. How one uses those values is
dependant, to a degree, on what sort of slice created the set.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)