LDC 0.9 released

Elrood arno at nym.net
Sat Jan 10 08:22:23 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Is MSYS/MinGW needed for building LDC/LLVM on windows? I found that to be a
> problem with GCC.

LLVM can be built with MSVC, and LDC is in the works. However, this is
experimental, there are some issues left, and since LLVM relies on GCC
to generate native code, MinGW will still be necessary anyways; so the
recommended way is to build LLVM and LDC via MSYS/MinGW for now. If you
run into problems feel free to join #ldc on freenode, feedback is always
welcome.

Please keep in mind that, as Christian already mentioned, there's no
support for exception handling on Windows in LLVM yet, and although
we're working on it we might not get to a solution until this is fixed
in LLVM, so LDC's usability on Windows is very limited at the moment.
This release is really just intended for x86-32 Linux.