Slide design

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Tue May 5 04:37:46 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep wrote:
> The subjects I did the best in and learned the most at uni were the ones
> where I didn't *have* to take notes and could concentrate on what the
> lecturer was trying to teach us.
>
> Force students to take notes and the only thing they'll learn is how to
> write fast.

The first university lecture I attended was boring. There was a piece of
paper circulating, and it read "a lecture is where the information goes
from the lecturer to the students' notes, without going through either's
head."

Since, I've made a point of trying to lecture so the info at least goes
through my head. :-)