I Made A Game (Again)

Kapendev alexandroskapretsos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 09:16:49 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:02:48 UTC, IchorDev wrote:
> On Friday, 23 August 2024 at 02:57:53 UTC, Kapendev wrote:
>> The game I made this time with D is an endless runner where
>> you help cute animals collect cute flowers. It's playable in
>> the browser, which means you don't need to download anything.
>> Give it a try!
>>
>> * Game: https://kapendev.itch.io/runani
>> * Source: https://github.com/Kapendev/runani
>
> Oh my gosh someone finished a game! I’ve seen a million D game
> engines and 0 finished games in D until now—except for one of
> my own projects.
>
> A little tip about your dub recipe: instead of having different
> platform configurations that are locked to specific platforms,
> you can use the platform name as a suffix to the directives in
> the recipe. For example:
> ```json
>   "libs-osx": ["raylib.500"],
> ```
> Also if you use the same `targetType` & `dflags` for all but 1
> configuration, so you could actually place them in the top
> level of the file to make them the default.
>
> I haven’t played the game yet because I haven’t set up my
> computer at my accommodation, but I’ll definitely have a look
> at the source code later and try to build it for macOS & Debian.
> Also maybe consider registering the game on the [dub package
> repository](https://code.dlang.org/?category=application)? I’ve
> found a lot of cool projects through there before by just
> browsing. :)

Yeah, it's a good idea to change the dub file a little bit. I
will also try to register the game as a package. Sounds fun.

Btw, you can play the game on a phone too. It's not perfect, but
it works. You can read the page for how it works. Thanks anyway.
If you get any weird errors while trying to compile, then make an
issue. I will try to fix it.