basic py2many.pyd work at language/syntax level in my dlang fork now

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:13:10 UTC 2024

Hi,

I have made basic py2many.pyd work at language/syntax level in my
dlang fork:

https://github.com/mw66/py2many/tree/dlang

The following examples works now:

https://github.com/mw66/py2many/tree/dlang/tests/expected

py2many/ 13:56:23$ ls ./tests/expected/*.d
./tests/expected/bubble_sort.d
./tests/expected/cls.d
./tests/expected/fib.d
./tests/expected/import_tests.d
./tests/expected/classes.d
./tests/expected/dict.d
./tests/expected/hello_world.d
./tests/expected/nested_dict.d

Please use this Makefile for local setup and run tests:

https://github.com/mw66/py2many/blob/dlang/Makefile

I haven't created PR to be merged into the main branch, since
it's better to pass all the tests.

The remaining work is to make Python's specific feature (e.g.
async), library (e.g. complex number, NamedTemporaryFile) work in
D. There are many things need to be done, if you have time, you
can pick up from my fork, and work from there. (E.g. you can
create PR to my branch, and when everything is ready, we submit
to the main py2many all together).

The more people can help, the faster we can get this done.

HTH.