My interest in contributing to the D language and participation in the Symmetry Autumn of code

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 14:23:32 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 18:42:56 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> Hello everyone, My name is Dennis and I’m from Nigeria and I
> want to contribute to the D language, perhaps engage in the
> upcoming Symmetry Autumn of code, and contribute immensely to
> the D language and beyond.
> I’m open to anyone directing me on things to work on. I'd
> really appreciate that.

Hi Dennis!

We have a bunch of projects that you could work on, however,
choosing the right project depends of what you are interested in
and your experience with the concepts involved. Generally, we
have multiple fronts that work could be done on: the compiler,
the runtime library, the standard library, ecosystem tools etc. I
suggest you pick one of the categories, get the code, try to fix
the issues (you can find our list of issues here:
https://issues.dlang.org/ - searching for the keywork "bootcamp"
will list issues that are considered entry level, but note that
some of those might be more complicated then you would expect at
a first glance) and then we can have a chat on projects you can
work on. How does that sound?

RazvanN