dwt-win build error

Tim Healey leikeze at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:34:44 PDT 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Tim Healey wrote:
>> And I just solved my own problem, and here's how:
>>
>> The import libraries provided on the installation web page contain a
>> user32.lib with the functions the linker isn't finding in it.
>> Originally I only installed the libraries from that file that I didn't
>> already have. However, after trying to link it with just the DMC
>> version, just the dwt-win-imports version, and both together, I found
>> that both versions of the library are required to complete the linking
>> step without error.
>>

> Now, I'm confused why you are linking with the DMC version of these
> libs?  You should only be linking with the "tango-win32-dmd.lib" (which
> should be automatic when using Tango) and the import libs provided with
> dwt.
>

>> Perhaps the installation docs could be updated to inform people that
>> the libs provided there are required to supplement the existing Win32
>> libraries provided with DMC?
>

> I tested this and a clarification is in order.
>
> Implibs should be extracted to a directory of your choice.  From there
> all that should be necessary is to add
>
> -S<path to dwt-import-win32-import-libs>
>
> to your dsss commandline.   The dmc library should not factor into this
> since the only /other/ win32 library that should exist is the tango one
> (which, once again, is automatically imported).
>
> I think the instructions are clear about the -S switch being needed. The
> only addition I can think of is pointing out that you should not be
> using the dmc libraries?
>
> -JJR

Hmm, that would certainly explain some of the problems. I'll'a just run
off and play around some more...

Hokay, I think I may have figured out the issue here. The DMC libs were
in the search path for libraries, and removing it as I prolly should
have makes everything work fine. I'm not sure why I ran into issues when
I built without the DMC libs as I said before, but there's no issues
now... I'm'a gonna go with "operator error" on that experiment.

So, as suspected all along, it was related to library paths. Maybe a
note to check one's sc.ini does not include the DMC library path could
prevent future linker issues like this, I guess.