Being reading a lot about betterC, but still have some questions

kiboshimo matheusmvpeixoto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 08:26:56 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:48:54 UTC, kiboshimo wrote:
> - I though one could write an application with -betterC for
> WASM, because LDC can target it, then could build it linking to
> C libraries that already work on WASM and run the resulting
> build on the browser. That would avoid the JS-WASM bondary
> since everything would be WASM and I would not need to write my
> own abstractions.
> // I'm guessing one can't simply do that, and the toolchain
> that compiles to WASM is not so flexible/similar to compiling a
> normal binary. Maybe WASM does not have support for dynamic
> linking, for example.

I was able to generate a .wasm file from hello_world.d (main) and
hello_lib.c using LDC for compilation to bytecode, then to
webassembly with emscripten. So, in theory it works, just
couldn't test it yet since I'm learning Web APIs and nodejs.

It would take sometime for me to figure how to print to
javascript console from a generated .html file from emscripten,
this is a small update so nobody gets too caught up that quote.