How do I install a non-outdated D compiler on Linux? (not in userspace-container)

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Fri Jun 7 23:19:37 UTC 2024

I **need** to link against various system libraries, and
otherwise some tools won't be able to access the D compiler
unless I start them from a command line after an initialization
script.

I'm using Linux Mint, it's much more stable than Ubuntu (which
started to completely collapse on me for just looking the wrong
way at it), but unfortunately some packages are outdated,
especially the D compilers.