How do I install a non-outdated D compiler on Linux? (not in userspace-container)

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Sat Jun 8 00:21:59 UTC 2024

On Friday, 7 June 2024 at 23:19:37 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> I **need** to link against various system libraries, and
> otherwise some tools won't be able to access the D compiler
> unless I start them from a command line after an initialization
> script.
>
> I'm using Linux Mint, it's much more stable than Ubuntu (which
> started to completely collapse on me for just looking the wrong
> way at it), but unfortunately some packages are outdated,
> especially the D compilers.

Okay, I installed the "curl" versions, how do I edit the
activating shell scripts of DMD and LDC that they'd work as if
they were installed "normally"? I don't have the time, not the
capacity to test my libraries with multiple different compiler
versions, and document any oddities between them (and I almost
never need it thanks to D).