Problem with assertThrown

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Sep 10 00:27:43 UTC 2024

On Monday, September 9, 2024 5:46:18 PM MDT kookman via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> It seems like assertThrown works as expected for case 4, but
> mysteriously not working for case 5 - despite the code under test
> raising the same exception. Am I missing something stupid here?

At a glance, it looks like the part of case 5 which explicitly catches the
Exception and the part that uses assertThrown should behave the same, but
your example doesn't actually compile (you didn't include a definition for
base32Alphabet), so it's not actually possible to reproduce your problem.

- Jonathan M Davis