newsgroup moved to new server...

TK tk at tech-head.ic24.nein-spam.net
Tue Aug 1 14:28:05 PDT 2006

"Jan Knepper" <jan at smartsoft.us> wrote in message
news:e9tvl9$km5$1 at opteron.digitaldaemon.com...
> All,

> The newsgroups (actually digitalmars.com) has moved to a new server with
> much more processor power Dual Opteron 2.0 Ghz, with 8 times as much RAM
> and about 8 times as much disk space). Overall this should result in an
> 8*+ or so improvement.

> Unfortunately there were some issue's getting all the news articles
> moved over. It should be fine now and posting should work again as well.
> However, the articles might all show as un-read when you reconnect to
> news.digitalmars.com. (They did for me in Thunderbird
> www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/). I am not sure that there is anything I
> could do to prevent this at this moment.

> Let me know if there are any problems.
>
> Thanks!
> Jan

No thank you! with the transfer you've managed to squash that article
numbering bug that left an unread article count even after all articles had
been read in the groups, finally it tells the truth. None of the problem you
mention with thunderbird are experienced in OE 5.5SP2... was nice to watch
the unread count drop to zero just by selecting the newsgroup on the
in-active newsgroups for a change:-)