newsgroup moved to new server...

Jan Knepper jan at smartsoft.us
Tue Aug 1 18:11:44 PDT 2006

TK wrote:
> No thank you! with the transfer you've managed to squash that article
> numbering bug that left an unread article count even after all articles had
> been read in the groups, finally it tells the truth. None of the problem you
> mention with thunderbird are experienced in OE 5.5SP2... was nice to watch
> the unread count drop to zero just by selecting the newsgroup on the
> in-active newsgroups for a change:-)

The problems in Thunderbird (if any) are because I hit the server in
between (before I fixed that numbering problem) I think.
It can be easily solved by stopping Thunderbird, removing the files from
disk and restarting Thunderbird and downloading the articles again. NP
to do that with Thunderbird.

Jan

--
ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla...
www.mozilla.org