Relocating GDC

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Jun 15 15:18:24 PDT 2006

If you build GDC in say "/usr" or "/mingw", is it
then possible to relocate the binaries and Phobos ?

I was under the impression that it should be able
to work the location of Phobos out from where the
gdc binary was located, e.g. "../include/d/?.?.?/"
but that does not seem to be the case it seems...

I had hoped for the gdcmac/gdcwin binaries to be
relocatable from the default /usr and C:\MinGW,
but it seems that they can't find e.g. "object.d"
unless you specifically tell it where to search ?

And I was hoping to avoid having to set DFLAGS...

--anders