gcc 4.8.1 made it to Debian Sid

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Jul 8 02:45:50 PDT 2013

On Friday, 5 July 2013 at 18:12:35 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> On 07/05/2013 08:03 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> Wait, we're trying to D-ify gdmd?
>
> It was a suggestion of Iain's when he forked it off into a
> separate repo.  Seems
> like a good idea -- demonstrates D's capabilities, probably
> makes it easier to
> maintain, could make it easier to place back in the main
> project if/when the
> frontend gets rewritten in D.

Just me alone, I do not feel that I have enough time and
competence to do that. But, what about to form a venture, the
three of us? (JRW, HST and me, Iain already has a lot of job to
do)

The goal would be to D-ify the gdmd.

I will learn some Perl in the process, but that's life...

So?