gcc 4.8.1 made it to Debian Sid

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Jul 8 03:50:02 PDT 2013

On 07/08/2013 11:45 AM, eles wrote:
> Just me alone, I do not feel that I have enough time and competence to do that.
> But, what about to form a venture, the three of us? (JRW, HST and me, Iain
> already has a lot of job to do)
>
> The goal would be to D-ify the gdmd.
>
> I will learn some Perl in the process, but that's life...

My main concern is about regularity of time/attention I can give.  As you can
see from my contributions to Phobos, I tend to have brief periods of furious
activity and then long activity deserts -- which are mostly to do with
commitments elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll happily give it a go if the two of you are up for it, and
understand that at certain points I may just vanish for a while, at least
contribution-wise :-)

I figure it's something we can all learn something by doing and once this is
started we might be able to get others in as well.

Best wishes,

    -- Joe