GDC D compiler for PocketPCs is here!

Manfred Hansen m.hansen at kielnet.net
Fri Aug 11 06:17:00 PDT 2006

Am Fri, 11 Aug 2006 04:28:55 -0400 schrieb Chad J:

> I've finally managed to get this cross-compiler to make a working "hello
> world" program that runs on my PDA.  The source for the program is follows:
>
> import std.file;
>
> void main()
> {
>      std.file.write( "doutput.txt", "Hello world!" );
> }
>
> I have uploaded more information, the sources, and the binaries to a
> temporary file sharing place at the following URL:
> http://www.bigupload.com/d=F902F09C
>
> I am hoping someone will hook me up with dedicated hosting for this.
> I'm also hoping this can be merged into the main GDC sources at some
> point.
>
> It is probably very buggy now, and I haven't tested very much of it at
> all.  I'll be trying to get it up to v0.19 (it's GDC 0.18 now) in a
> while, and debug what I can.  I can probably debug Phobos stuff, but the
> compiler errors are a bit much for me.
>
> Enjoy.

Hello,

i have try to compile
void main() {}

but i get the following error message:
hansen at manni-lx:~/dd$ arm-wince-pe-gdc hello_arm.d -o hello_arm
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:6: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:7: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:8: Error: too many memory references for `mov'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:9: Error: no such instruction: `stmfd sp!,{fp,ip,lr,pc}'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:10: Error: too many memory references for `sub'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:11: Error: no such instruction: `bl __gccmain'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:12: Error: expecting operand after ','; got nothing
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:13: Error: too many memory references for `mov'
/tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:14: Error: no such instruction: `ldmfd sp,{fp,sp,pc}'

Under debian sarge and under ubuntu 6.0.6
I have copy the arm-wince-pe directory to /usr/local and i have extended
the PATH Variavble.

Manfred