Mayhem Intergalactic: First commercial game written in D?

Chris P. chrisp at inventivedingo.com
Sat Dec 8 03:35:17 PST 2007

Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
> 	From the video, it looks like a real-time version of GNULactic
> Konquest (http://www.ia.net/~rsteffen/konquest.html but
> unfortunately it appears to be down)
>
> 		Jerome

Actually it's turn-based. :-)  If you want a real-time version, try
Galcon. Sadly, Galcon was not written in D, and I didn't write it; but
it's a good game anyway.

Mayhem Intergalactic has similarities to Konquest, certainly. Playing it
is quite a different experience, however - smoother, prettier, and more
enjoyable, at least in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
Chris