Tango 0.95 beta1 released

torhu fake at address.dude
Fri Feb 2 04:33:26 PST 2007

Chad J wrote:
> When I try to use it though, I get the following compiler error:
>
> --------------------------
>
> C:\Dprojects\tango>build main.d -clean
> Assertion failure: 'classinfo->structsize == CLASSINFO_SIZE' on line 315
> in file
>   'toobj.c'

Revision 1378 of Tango works with dmd 1.0.  It's tagged for dmd 1.000.
I haven't tried later revisions.  DWT doesn't work with dmd 1.004, so
I'm holding off on upgrading.  I expect other people are in the same
situation.  This will probably change, since the cause seems to be a bug
in dmd 1.004, related to missing or wrong TypeInfo instances.

  > Is there any way I could make my programs that still use phobos compile
> again without uninstalling Tango?

I have sc.ini.phobos and sc.ini.tango, and just replace sc.ini with the
relevant one when I want to switch libs.  If you follow the installation
instructions on the web site, switching between phobos and tango is
really that easy.  sc.ini.phobos is the default one, sc.ini.tango is
edited following the installation instructions on this page:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/WindowsInstall