Deadlock presentation outcome

Peter Modzelewski peter.modzelewski at gmail.com
Sat May 12 11:26:53 PDT 2007

Tom S napisa?(a):
 > david wrote:
 >> So tell us, how did the presentation go? :-)
 >>
 >> david
 >
 > The presentation went really well :)

As I said many times before, our project, according to our univ
environment, was *very* politically incorrect. We've decided to avoid
all the standards to create a really good game and have lots of fun
while creating it. This is a reward itself. As for the results, in a uni
where a game about killing and drugs was greatly controversial, and jury
seen no difference between writing a 3d engine from scratch and using
Google Maps for presentation, I think the 2nd place is also a great
success. We managed to create a project against nearly everyone and
still be in the top 3.
Still, I'm a bit disappointed about the results, because when we
received the applause and congrats from people, a shade of hope appeared
that the jury would not be blind to such a reaction. Unfortunately - I
was wrong. Anyway - The rewards for me are the new beta testers and
opinions from people who really know something about coding. I hope
other univs are more professionally directed. Here in Torun "politically
right" is the most important thing.

Anyway, thx for your interest
KeYeR