Deadlock presentation outcome

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:10:13 PDT 2007

Tom S wrote:
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>
>> Tom S wrote:

>>> Dang! No :o  *runs quickly to dsource*  Thanks for the reminder :D
>>

>> You also didn't mention Python. (+ Pyd wrapper from
>> http://dsource.org/projects/pyd)
>

> It was listed at wikipedia *g*
>
> It's heavier than Lua and I don't know if it would offer anything more
> than Squirrel... It would surely introduce a different syntax, e.g. many
> people don't like the whitespace code grouping.
>
> As for Pyd, I'm not sure how much we'd (ab)use it. If we make some
> bindings, they'll probably be done in such a way as to be able to use
> multiple scripting languages or mix them. So either our wrapper will use
> PyD, or we'll just go with the low level C API, *if* we decide to use
> Python.
>
> If it turns out that a general binding for many scripting languages
> boils down to just a handful of templates, Python might be an option too :D

One option to consider is exposing a general D API to script with, and
then wrapping that API with the various scripting languages. (I admit I
mention this because it is the sort of situation Pyd was written for:
wrapping an existing D API with an interface to Python.)

--
Kirk McDonald
http://kirkmcdonald.blogspot.com