DMD 1.036 and 2.020 releases

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:11:30 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:22 AM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> In Python standard modules aren't in a top-level package, so you just do:
>
> import collections
> from gc import enable, disable

But I think that's starting to bite Python in the behind as the number
of std library packages increases.  Funny to have so many top level
things in a language whose motto is "Namespaces are one honking great
idea.  Let's do more of those."

Other responsible development organizations that release packages tend
to collect them under a single top level package like "zope.*"  or
"enthought.*".

There's also so many standard packages these days that when I see an
unfamiliar import I'm never sure if it's a standard one or not.

--bb