D release > v1.030 is not stable ???

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:49:18 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:12:47 -0400, The Anh Tran wrote:
>
> The whole 1.0 branch is supposed to be stable (meaning, no new features only
> bug fixes).  There have been releases that were unusable due to obscure
> introduced bugs, but there are definitely more recent versions than 1.030
> that were usable.  I use 1.038 at the moment.

I don't know why there's a 'stable' version either.  The newer
versions are usually more stable (fewer bugs).

> I have no idea why 1.030 is annointed the stable version.

Worse, which version is "stable" is inconsistent.  On the D1
changelog, it has a link to download the latest stable compiler,
marked as 1.020.