Tango 0.99.9 Kai released

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 04:58:15 PST 2010

On 12/02/2010 11:10, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Yigal Chripun"<yigal100 at gmail.com>  wrote in message
> news:hl33en$2p6d$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> Given that SysInternals had a tool for doing hard links on 2000+, but no
>>> tool for doing symlinks, I doubt it.
>>>
>>> I recall reading something about how symlinks were new to Vista
>>> specifically; not simply a tool to make them, but something changed in
>>> NTFS or the system's support for it.
>>
>> http://homepage1.nifty.com/emk/symlink.html
>>
>> I think this provides the ability to have symlinks on windows XP. I'm not
>> 100% sure since it's in Japanese.
>
> If you run it through google translater, and (attempt to) read through the
> "Symbolic misconception that Windows NT/2000/XP is available in" section, it
> sounds like he saying that pre-vista could only do hardlinks and junctions
> but that some people (maybe the author?) had been inaccurately calling them
> "symlinks" anyway, thus causing confusion. But of course, that's assuming
> that the translation is accurate and that I'm actually interpreting the
> translation correctly.

I can't say that I fully understand what that page says, but it seems
that this utility does provide for some sort of symlinks for files.

Anyway, I'm not that interested in support for a decade old and
deprecated OS - I've upgraded long time ago and currently use both Vista
and Win7. I'll be upgrading my Vista to Win7 as soon as I get some free
time.
My 4 y/o laptop that I already upgraded runs faster with Win7 compared
to XP tablet edition it had before.