Tango 0.99.9 Kai released

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Feb 12 12:20:18 PST 2010

"Yigal Chripun" <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hl3j9e$nlm$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 12/02/2010 11:10, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
> My 4 y/o laptop that I already upgraded runs faster with Win7 compared to
> XP tablet edition it had before.

Really? You know, I've heard a *lot* about Win7 being better than Vista,
with one of those improvements being speed, but this is the first I've seen
*any* direct comparison of Win7 to XP. And I have to say I'm very surprised
to hear that it runs faster...Although...What kind of hardware do you have
in that laptop? Probably 64-bit multi-core, I'm guessing, right? I wouldn't
be totally surprised if something like that does runs faster on Win7, but
with hardware like that it still would have been super-fast anyway - like
getting an extra 10 horsepower out of a porche (And if all the car
dealerships stop selling everything except porches...well, they'd still be
porches, period). And I think I heard somewhere that Win7 required a minimum
of 4GB ram (or was that just Vista?). If so, anythng less than that would
certainly make Win7 run vastly slower than XP, if even at all.