D2 port of Tango

Damian Ziemba nazriel at driv.pl
Sun Dec 25 09:17:57 PST 2011

On Saturday, 24 December 2011 at 22:15:59 UTC, Jordi Sayol wrote:
> Al 24/12/11 14:20, En/na mta`chrono ha escrit:
>>
>> Unlike SiegeLord's branch I've removed tango's runtime and
>> build on top
>> of druntime. This step is inevitable in order to make tango
>> and phobos
>> work side by side.
>
> SiegeLord's branch do not need druntime lib to be present on
> the system when compiling tango-d2, and the resulting libraries
> can be used together with phobos.
>
> import std.stdio;
> import tango.io.Stdout;
>
> void main()
> {
> writeln("hello phobos!");
> Stdout("hello tango!").newline;
> }
>
> Properly compiles and run.
> So, is it not a good idea to join forces to advance more
> strongly, since pursued the same goal?
>
> Best regards,

They got 2 different goals. SiegeLord wants to keep as much of
original Tango as possible and make it D2-wish while mt'chrono
changes Tango itself, because he thinks something is
wrong-designed (or he doesn't get idea properly). tango.net.* for
example. That's all, that's why there are 2 branches.

And SiegeLord's branch *IS* built on top of druntime. Extra
features that Tango runtime had, are inside version blocks, so
you may want use them also :) But out of box it works with
druntime without any additional steps.