http://dlang.org/bugstats.php

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jan 22 22:47:23 PST 2012

"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.725.1327294880.16222.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
> On Sunday, January 22, 2012 01:18:04 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> We just put together a page that counts the bugs per category. It's
>> linked from "Bug tracker" in the navigation panel.
>>
>> http://dlang.org/bugstats.php
>>
>> The format is sketchy. Looking forward to your suggestions for
>> improvements.
>
> By the way, if you want the page to look 100% consistent, you're going to
> need
> to make it so that the boxes that show the bug counts have a white
> background
> and black text. As it is, they use whatever the browser defaults to,
> whereas
> the rest of the page chooses the colors. So, in any browser that uses its
> own
> defaults when the page doesn't specify, the boxes stand out, whereas in
> browsers which default to black on white, you can't even really tell that
> the
> boxes are there.

There's a basic, trivial rule of design that needs to be plastered all over
the cubicle walls of every software developer on the planet. I've spent
years trying to shout it out at every opportinity, but so far I've barely
made even a microscopic dent.

Here it is:

"When you set a foreground or background color: SET THE OTHER ONE TOO!!!"

Always. Period. No matter what. In *anything*. Yes, that means YOU, no
matter who the "YOU" is!!

Either *both* system-default, or *both* application-set: NEVER cross those
streams! Never, never, never, never, NEVER!

Honestly, it's an absolute *travesty* that any interface APIs, HTML/CSS,
etc., ever even *allow* the developer to have one set as system-default and
not the other.