Mozilla Rust 0.1

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 28 16:43:25 PST 2012

"Robert Clipsham" <robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote in message
news:jg1n0c$1ano$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 28/01/2012 20:19, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 1/28/2012 11:13 AM, Mirko Pilger wrote:
>>> computer, please?" :)
>>

>> I never say "please" to a computer. I say do it or I'll disconnect your
>> higher brain functions. I cannot allow computer error to jeopardize the
>> mission.
>
> I personally make a point of thanking automatic doors, elevators,
> escalators, or anything else that's automatic for that matter. I hope when
> robot overlords take over they'll take pity on me and let me go/keep me as
> a pet/do something other than kill/torture me.
>
> This said, I never thank my computer, and that's probably a little closer
> to sentience... Hmm.

I hope computers never gain sentience. I need something to contantly
harass/blame/yell at/beat on/treat like shit, and a non-sentient computer is
the perfect fit. Having sentient computers would put an end to that, and
then where would that leave me? Nothing left to kick around! Shit! What,
would I have to resort to harassing my tape dispenser? That's no fun! A ham
sandwich? Nope, then the sentent PETA-bots would come after me. They'd try
to sway me over to gag-inducing veggie-burgers by trying to entice me with
their robo-boobs. Eviiilll!!!! Evil, I tell you!!