Coming Soon: Stable D Releases!

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Mon Jul 16 01:56:23 PDT 2012

Adam Wilson, el 16 de July a las 00:51 me escribiste:
> As a result of the D Versioning thread, we have decided to create a
> new organization on Github called dlang-stable. This organization
> will be responsible for maintaining stable releases of DMD,
> DRuntime, and Phobos.

What will be the version scheme of this dlang-stable compiler? If the
git master branch will be the "release", will you increase that version
number on each and every commit?

I think it would be a good idea to make real releases, with rc and
everything to minimize the chances of introducing (untested)
regressions (bare in mind that a lot of patches will not merge cleanly
so knowing that the original patch introduced no regressions in the
devel compiler doesn't mean it will be the same when merged in the
stable one).

That said, I think it was about time D separate devel from stable, so
thanks for stepping forward :)