A Mathematician looks at D

so so at so.so
Wed Feb 20 06:13:16 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 12:27:46 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Smalltalk and Lisp were already doing in the late 70's, funny
> how we ended up exchanging such development environments for
> primitive languages like C in name of performance, only to try
> to duplicate them almost 50 years later.
>
> Every time I see a live coding demo I can only laugh and
> remember I was doing that back in 1995 in Smalltalk VisualWorks.

I was ignorant of all of this and took me more than six years to
learn such development environments existed and that is by luck
(more like hunch). This is still somehow healthy process as i am
going forward. What is your excuse? How do you put up with this?
You are so much better than me, because i know i couldn't.