D 1.076 and 2.061 release

dimsuz dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:47:55 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 at 23:34:42 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I'd be shocked if he liked dealing with updates on Gentoo). I
> use Arch these
> days, since it provides a lot of the benefits of Gentoo without
> anywhere near
> as many of the headaches.

+1 for Arch.
Have used almost everything Gentoo, Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSuse and
ended up with Arch Linux. I am happy with it for almost two years
now and wouldn't even consider switching to something else :)

It's a bit tougher to set up (though setup process is quite well
documented), but once you install it - no bothers anymore!

Updates are as simple as 'pacman -Syu' (or some gui tool), it has
excellent Wiki which had solution for every single problem I
needed to solve and friendly forums and IRC.

Rolling release is a cool model too - I decide when I want to
upgrade and system is always up-to-date.