Shared Libraries [was Re: D 1.076 and 2.061 release]

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 6 15:19:42 PST 2013

On 1/6/2013 4:32 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I have tried myself a couple of times but there has always been some issue with
> the compiler that needs to be fixed or implemented.

I have fixed every single PIC implementation compiler problem that has been
brought to my attention. If there are others, I am not aware of them. Please let
me know the bugzilla issue numbers for any I have missed.

> For example, on Mac OS X where DMD implements its own
> TLS the compiler will most likely need to change somewhat.

DMD implements its own TLS on OS X because the OS X C compiler says "not
implemented" when you try to create TLS variables. I had no other option.

The OS X TLS implementation is all done in druntime.

Nevertheless, this does not impact Linux nor FreeBSD.