dlibgit updated to libgit2 v0.19.0

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Jun 28 09:10:23 PDT 2013

On Friday, 28 June 2013 at 16:00:57 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Deimos is an overhead which provides no benefits. It was
> supposed to
> be used to make discovery easy, but discovery can be done
> through a
> wiki, or dlang.org, or an automated process (dub).

I suspect with time Deimos will be completely superseeded by
"dub" or whatever tool becomes standard package manager for D.
However, it should not be simply discarded because:

1) right now dub is not an official dlang.org project, but Deimos
is

2) it is a certain brand name which gives promises about
aggregated bindings - all Deimos bindings are thin 1-to-1
reflections of their C origin.

In that sense, I would have expected Deimos become part of dub
registry at some point, preferrably as a separate package
category. But they should not loose identity of Deimos project.