Arch Linux users and packagers : upcoming coomunity/dmd package change

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sat May 18 08:26:47 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 14:19:08 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> Will be shared library installed alongside with static library?

Yes.

> Will libdruntime.so belong to druntime package?

No. Currently there is no separate druntime package as druntime
is part of phobos binary. This will be a separate issue to
address when I'll start decoupling Phobos.

> I've modified dmd-git package: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/792e3abc
> so I've got shared druntime and phobos but currently there is
> somekind of weird build process going on... it is required to
> build phobos first in order to get libdruntime.so

You can have a look at PKGBUILD drafts for upcoming packages here
: https://github.com/Dicebot/Arch-PKGBUILDs for insight. Actually
simply changing version there from "master" to "2.063" and back
makes all the difference between dmd-git and upcoming release : )