Visual D 0.3.37 released

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 21:45:32 PST 2013

On 06.11.2013 09:25, Alexander Bothe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 05:09:58 UTC, Manu wrote:
>> Note: I saw Alexander Bothe released an update to the parser one day
>> after
>> your release... ;)
>
> Sure, there have been a couple of critical regression bugs in the parser
> engine.
> Furthermore, I re-enabled the ufcs completion.
>
> Rainer, I somehow really recommend to provide a more frequent way to
> update the D_Parser.dll - just to provide a way to fix e.g. completion
> issues without having to recompile/package/upload the entire VisualD setup.
>
> An automated build system which simply calls
> git pull
> and
> xbuild DParser2/DParser2.csproj
> already suffices. I could insert a push hook into the repo which is
> executed then in order to inform the build system to do a rebuild.
>
> It also was possible to execute Unittests first, so in the case that
> there are some regression bugs (as it happened just recently), it simply
> won't be distributed.
>
> Finally, a small webserver providing the built dll (or a zip of it) and
> a check whether there's an update available will passively distribute
> the dll to all clients. Not to forget some security things like hash
> check or encryption etc.

Yeah, being able to get releases out more often, and having bug fixes
being tested in the field would be nice. But I think we should not
over-engineer things here.
Do you have a web-server that could do the compilation?

> Also, the D_Parser.dll could be put into the AppData/Roaming folder, so
> no admin rights are needed for a parser update.

The component being used by Visual D is a local COM server, I'm not sure
if it is good to have that in a user folder.