DMD v2.066.0-rc1

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 11 09:29:04 PDT 2014

On 8/9/2014 10:57 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> actually avoided learning anything out of the default comfort zone and
> called that _professional attitude_.

People have some truly bizarre ideas about what constitutes
professionalism. At a previous job I had, at one particular developer's
meeting with one of the brass (it was a weekly meeting that primarily
served to make this particular manager/co-owner feel like she was being
useful - not that she ever was - by sticking her fingers where they
didn't belong), by pure chance all the developers happened to be wearing
shirts with collars. The manager made a big point about how happy she
was to see that because (paraphrasing here) "shirt collars are
professional".

Yea, forget competence, skill, ability, work ethic, demeanor...no,
apparently "professionalism" involves..."shirt collars". Idiot.

That's not the only example of clothing-based naivety I've seen among
people who *should* know better: It's truly disturbing how many
businesspeople can be trivially fooled into thinking any old random con
artist is a trustworthy professional, simply by the con artist walking
into any dept store and buying a suit to wear. "Oh, I see he's wearing a
suit. That means he must be very professional!"

People are morons.