Blog post on hidden treasure in the D standard library.

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 30 04:27:12 PDT 2014

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 10:44:18 +0000
safety0ff via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 07:59:16 UTC, Gary Willoughby
> wrote:
> >
> > Stop being such a grammar nazi.
> >

> I didn't bring it up because I felt like being pedantic, I
> brought it up as a suggestion to make it more pleasant to read.
>
> Since you've already been labelled as a pedant, perhaps you
> should learn the difference between pedantry and Nazism.

Can we please stop arguing this (and that goes for both sides of
this). This
discussion is not in the least bit productive.

There is no question that failing to capitalize the letter i when
it's used as
a pronoun is bad English, and there's no way that anyone fluent
enough in
English to write an article like this is not going to know that.
So, clearly,
he's doing it on purpose.

I agree that bad grammar - especially when it's so blatant like
this -
detracts from what's being written, and pointing out that it was
a problem was
fine, but continuing to argue about it serves no purpose.
Clearly, he knows
that what he's doing is bad grammar, but he's doing it anyway for
whatever his
personal reasons are. Arguing about it like this isn't helping.
It's just
increasing the level of contention around here.

- Jonathan M Davis